DSA-SEC(Pri 6) Portfolio Workshop (Zoom online)
This workshop will teach students techniques to prepare effective portfolios to highlight their strengths and achievements to school admission officers. The workshop will focus on different approaches which students can use to increase their chances of getting shortlisted for an interview during the DSA selection process. This workshop is catered to Primary 6 students attempting DSA in 2022.
The workshop will cover the following areas and more:
- Preparing a standard portfolio (Hardcopy)
- Preparing creative portfolios (soft copy/online)
- How to highlight achievements on DSA application form using google suite
The methods taught in this workshop will be suitable for students applying to most domains except visual arts.
For the March school holidays, we will be offering the Portfolio Workshop only. Interview coaching workshops will be offered during the June holidays. All workshops will be conducted online using Zoom conferencing software. The details of the workshops are listed below:
- Run 1 – 16 March 2022 – 2 pm – 5 pm
- Run 2 – 18 March 2022 – 2 pm – 5 pm
Reg: $40 (new student only)
PSLE Oral Examination Preparation Workshop (Zoom Online)
In these workshops, we share our proven oral techniques that have helped many students ace this challenging exam. The workshop will help your child improve their ability to read expressively and converse knowledgeably. Each workshop will focus on 2 themes commonly tested during Primary 6 Prelim and PSLE. There are a total of 4 different workshops that will cover 8 themes. The workshops do not need to be taken in sequence as each workshop will cover the oral techniques required to do well in this examination. Students can choose to register for all 4 different workshops to be fully prepared for the oral examination.
The workshops will offer the following benefits to the learner:
- Develop opinions while expressing them in a confident and succinct manner using good phrases and proper sentence structure.
- Learn essential reading techniques using our special PAFER(P) method to deliver a well-paced, fluent reading of a passage.
The themes covered in the workshops are as follows:
- Workshop 1 – Values, Personal/Family themes
- Workshop 2 – Community-related, National issues themes
- Workshop 3 – School related, Activities themes
- Workshop 4 – Travelling/Transportation, Financial themes
For the March school holidays, we will be offering Workshop 1 only – Values, Personal/Family themes. The rest will be offered during the June holidays. All workshops will be conducted online using Zoom conferencing software. The details are listed below:
Workshop 1 – Values, Personal/Family
- Run 1 – 16-18 March 2022 – 10 am to 1 pm
- Run 2 – 16-18 March 2022 – 2 pm – 5 pm
Reg: $40 (new student only)
If you have any questions or would like to register for the workshops, you may call 67372700 during centre hours or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed – Fri: 3 pm – 7 pm
Sat & Sun: 10 am-4 pm
Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, and public holidays